Nigeria is located in the west of Africa, facing the Gulf of Guinea in the south. The landscape in the south is dominated by the enormous Niger River Delta, with its large mangrove forests. Moving north are expansive tropical rainforests and river valleys, followed by the much dryer savannahs of the Sahel and finally the Sahara. Highest mountain is Chappal Waddi (2149 m) inside the northeastern Gashaka Gumti National Park, which can be explored on foot.
Nigeria has a six other National Parks with possibilities for day walks, hiking and camping. For instance the southeastern Cross River National Park with its canopy walk through a unique rain forest, and Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary and the Obudu Plateau. In the northeast of Nigeria lies the large Yankari National Park, a typical savannah environment with diverse wildlife and hot springs too. In the west of the country there is the Kainji Lake National Park, part of which facilitates visitors.
Best time to visit Nigeria is between November and May, although the south of the country is hot and humid year round.
- We Should All be Feminists
- A personal and powerful essay from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the bestselling author of `Americanah` and `Half of a Yellow Sun`, based on her 2013 TEDx Talk of the same name. What does ”feminism” mean today? That is the question at the heart of We Should All Be Feminists, a personal, eloquently-argued essay - adapted from her much-viewed Tedx... Read more
- Reisgids West Africa (Mauretanië, Kaapverden, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Kameroen, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Siera Leo | Rough Guides
- The Rough Guide to West Africa is the most comprehensive and user-friendly guide to one of the world’s hardest – and most rewarding – regions for travel, covering the 15 visitable countries from Mauritania to Cameroon in fifty percent more detail than its only competitor. Each chapter of the Rough Guide includes thoroughly researched hotel and... Read more
- Reisgids Culture Smart! Nigeria - | Kuperard
- De Cultuur Bewust!-gids geeft toeristen en zakenlieden belangrijke informatie met betrekking tot de cultuur van alledag in het land van bestemming. Anders dan in de gebruikelijke reisgidsen wordt de lezer in deze reeks bijgespijkerd op het gebied van omgangsvormen, normen en waarden, hoe zich te gedragen en wat verwacht mag worden op zakelijk... Read more
- Reisgids Nigeria | Bradt
- Zeer goede gids voor Nigeria en betrouwbaar alternatief voor de Lonely Planet. The chaos of Lagos, one of the world's most populous cities, often overshadows the rich offerings found elsewhere in Nigeria. Explore further and travellers can bathe in the Wikki Warm Springs at Yankari National Park; trek through Oshogbo Sacred Forest – a world... Read more
- Lagos City Journal, City Notebook for Lagos, Nigeria
- Travel & Languages Travel (special interest) Guides (general) International Books Read more
- Abuja at 1:20,000 on a clear, well presented, indexed street plan from MDZ Multimedia, with on the reverse a street plan of Kubwa and a road map of Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory (FCT). On one side is the street plan of the capital. Within the city centre and is most other districts not only the main but also most of the smaller streets... Read more