- Name Maarten van Rossumpad (LAW4)
- Length of trail 384 km, 239 miles
- Length in days 19 days
- Start of trail 's Hertogenbosch
- End of trail Steenwijk
- Traildino grading LW, Light walk, countryside walk
LAW4, Maarten van Rossumpad: 's Hertogenbosch - Ommen - Steenwijk, 384 km, divided into about 19 day hikes.
Want to explore the Dutch delta? This trail is one of the better options. It introduces you to a variety of rivers and the landscapes, towns and villages wich grew along the flow.
Maarten van Rossum, a warlord of the early 16th century, probably never took the path wich carries his name, but he did leave some buildings along the way. It is not only history you will encounter. Although the area is not the most densely populated part of the country, you cannot fail to notice some new suburbs. A number of these have castle-like architecture, designed for the Maarten van Rossums of the 21th century.
The trail runs between the city of 's Hertogenbosch, provincial capital of Noord-Brabant, and the town of Steenwijk in the eastern province of Overijssel, and is also known as LAW 4. (DB)
- Henk Nouws May 2005
- Rate 7
- Positive This trail passes through a variety of landscapes. Every leg is different from the one before.
- Wandelgids 4 LAW Maarten van Rossumpad Den Bosch - Steenwijk | Wandelnet
- Routegids met gedetailleerde topografische kaarten waar de route duidelijk op ingetekend is. Daarnaast alle noodzakelijke informatie als openbaar vervoer en overnachtingsadressen. Traject : 's-Hertogenbosch-Steenwijk; lengte : 384 km Wie het 384 kilometer lange Maarten van Rossumpad volgt, treedt in de voetsporen van krijgsheer Maarten van... Read more