South Australia is a very dry place on earth indeed, with the highest recorded temperature ever in the country: 50.7 C.
Only a few trails here: the Heysen trail is a good 1.200 kilometres long, running from the ocean into the desert (or vice versa, if you prefer), the trail is mainly on farm land. Walking this trail requires a bit of an explorers mentality.
Two other trails - Yurebilla Trail and Kidman Trail - are located east of the state capital Adelaide.
- The Heysen Trail - Vol 3. - Parachilna to Crystal Brook
- A walker's guide Read more
- Lower Glenelg and Discovery Bay: The Great South-West Walk Route, VIC/SA
- Lower Glenelg and Discovery Bay in the south-western corner of Victoria on a contoured and GPS compatible map at 1:50,000 from Carto-Graphics highlighting the course of the Great South-West Walk hiking trail. Coverage starts at Portland, showing both the coastal trail across the Discovery Bay Coastal Park and the inland variant through the... Read more
- Yorke Peninsula SA
- Yorke Peninsula in South Australia on an indexed touring map at 1:350,000 from Carto Graphics, with on the reverse enlargements showing in greater detail the Innes National Park and Warding Island. Coverage extends north to Port Broughton and east to include Adelaide and the coast to the north of the city.On one side is a touring map of the... Read more
- Adelaide Hills and Barossa Wine Region
- Adelaide Hills and Barossa Wine Region of South Australia on an indexed road map from the Australian publishers Carto Graphics combining coverage of the whole region at 1:150,000 with more detailed panels showing the most visited areas, plus a list of local vineries.The main map covers the whole region at 1:150,000 extending south of Adelaide... Read more
- Australië - South Australia
- Bezoek het zeer Engelse Adelaide, bewonder het uitbundige dierenleven en maak mooie kustwandelingen op Kangaroo Island, proef de beroemde Australische wijnen in de Barossa Valley en wandel over de paarse Kaiserstuhl, krijg het echte 'outback' gevoel in de Flinders Ranges en beklim daar de fraai gevormde rand van de Wilpena Pound, overnacht op... Read more