- Name Jatbula Trail
- Length of trail 58 km, 36 miles
- Length in days 4 days
- Start of trail Katherine Gorge
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
58 km, 4 days, May - September
This path will lead you into varied woodland with lots of water – especially if you plan your hike in May – with swimming holes and waterfalls. The Jatbula Trail runs along the edge of the Arnhem Escarpment in the Northern Territory. It starts at the Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. You'll find Aboriginal art sites too, and good camp sites.
- bigkev May 2008
- Rate 10
- Positive Great campsites, pristine swimming holes, well marked track, indigenous art, native animals, dry season climate.
- Negative Water Buffalo, wild pigs, go early in the dry season for the best swimming and water availability and to avoid the crippling heat of the late part of the dry season.