- Name Larapinta Trail
- Length of trail 223 km, 139 miles
- Length in days 15 days
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
223 km, 12 – 16 days, April - September
The Larapinta Trail is situated in the Northern Territory. The path enables you to discover the many attractions of the West MacDonnell Ranges. Prepare for some remote and challenging bushwalking. The trail is in the centre of Australia and there is not much to help you complete your 20 day trek, though campsites are available. You will get views of the desert, you will climb mountains and see some fine scenery. This is the great outback you dreamed of.
- bigkev June 2008
- Rate 10
- Positive Red earth scenery, blue sky, waterholes, water tanks every day or so, wildlife, ridge walking and camping, views.
- Negative Some people find the constant walking over rock to hard, make sure you avoid the crippling heat of summer. Anecdotally it appears that a lot of people underestimate the physical side of this walk.
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Bol.com, Netherlands
- Top Walks in Australia
- Australia is mecca for bushwalkers - there are walks crossing every sort of landscape, from rocky deserts to the tropical coast, craggy mountains to verdant rainforest, as well as some shaped by colourful human history. Experienced travel writer Melanie Ball has hiked every track in this book for walkers of all levels of experience. Included... Read more