- Name Texelpad (SP4)
- Length of trail 80 km, 50 miles
- Length in days 4 days
- Start of trail Den Hoorn
- End of trail Den Hoorn
- Traildino grading LW, Light walk, countryside walk
SP4, Texelpad: Around Texel Island, 80 km
Texel is the largest island of the Netherlands. You can only get there by ferry.
The island has a unique atmosphere. On the one hand, it feels a bit like the mainland: an open country with sheep and cows where the wind has free play.
The sea is present everywhere, and you can enjoy it daily. On the island's northern side is the turbulent North Sea. On the other side is the quiet and bird rich Waddenzee.
The path – created by Stichting Wandelnet and marked yellow-red - frequents villages and nature reserves, and is therefore the best chance to get to know Texel. There are plenty of accommodation options, but in high season the island may be fully booked, and a tent will be welcome.
- Manon Wouterse March 2012
- Rate 8
- Positive You will hug the North Sea coastline, walk on itÂ´s beaches and cross the Island to the Wadden sea. The trail passes open flat pastures with sheep, little Dutch villages and you can find cafes right on the beach. You can walk this trail year round. The ferry ride from Den Helder takes about 20 mins. This is an easy and wellmarked trail.
- Negative Not so much disliked, but this is The Netherlands, so keep in mind thereÂ´s no hills and that the weather can be challinging at times.
- Wandelgids 4 Waddenwandelen - wandelroutes over zes waddeneilanden | Wandelnet
- Als vanouds prachtig uitgevoerd met duidelijke beschrijvingen en heel goede - topografische - kaarten. Op de kaarten staan restaurants, campings en bushaltes weergegeven. Een mooiere opvolger van het Texelpad is bijna niet denkbaar! Waddenwandelen is ruim 1200km wandelplezier aan weerszijde van werelderfgoed Waddenzee. Het Streekpad... Read more