Nordkapp - Kautokeino - Karasjok
- Name Nordkapp - Kautokeino - Karasjok
- Length of trail 636 km, 395 miles
- Length in days 35 days
- Start of trail Nordkapp
- End of trail Karasjok
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Nordkapp - Kautokeino, Nordkapp - Karasjok, 636 km
A new trail, extending the European Long Distance Trail E1 to the Nordkapp. This trail connects South to the Nordkatlottruta and the Nordlandsruta. Then, the E1 in Sweden takes over, starting from Vasaloppsleden at lake Grövelsjön. The trail should be entirely marked by the summer of 2012.
Finnmark has not many marked trails. Those who walk Norge på langshave to find their own way. Now, an important new trail has been shaped for hikers who want to experience the Finnmark plateau and want to return home saying they hiked all the way to the North Cape. Indeed, you could start in Sicily.
Guides and maps
- Reisgids Norwegen: Nordkap-Route - Noorwegen Noordkaap | Conrad Stein Verlag
- Der Weg ist das Ziel OutdoorHandbuch. 6. Auflage. Read more